Среда, 17.04.2024, 01:40
Сиреневый мир
Главная | Robert-Eden Storyline: A & Marcy - Форум | Регистрация | Вход
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Информационный раздел » Информация, интервью » Robert-Eden Storyline: A & Marcy
Robert-Eden Storyline: A & Marcy
Иден_ПарризиДата: Воскресенье, 29.01.2012, 02:28 | Сообщение # 1
Морская звезда
Награды: 7
Статус: Offline
Last year, when A was in New York filming She Devil, Santa Barbara's Jill Farren Phelps spoke with him. "She mentioned that they were going to bring in Roscoe Born to play a long-lost love. She laid it out that I should prepare myself...I have gone on record a couple of times saying that they will split them (Cruz and Eden) up over my dead body. The first thing that crossed my mind was 'Well, they got Roscoe.' You are talking about a formidable man, as well as a fine actor. It immediately meant it would probably work."

Marcy talking about the Robert Barr storyline - "You know what's funny? When that whole storyline was going on, and Roscoe is so sweet and you KNOW how I feel about A, here I was working with these two great guys. When I'd have scenes with one-on-one with each of them, A would tell me, 'Roscoe is doing such an incredible job. He's just doing wonderfully. I just love his story.' Then I'd work with Roscoe, who'd say, 'A is just great!' I said to Roscoe, 'YOU want to be Cruz.' And I'd say to A, 'YOU want to be Robert.'"

A talking about it again too - "It was driving me crazy because I always wanted to root for Cruz and Eden, and I'd think, 'These two (Eden and Robert) are so in love. And it's such a tragedy that he suffered all these years. He should at least have a chance to hold hands with her for a while."

Marcy talking about it again - "Roscoe would say, 'How could Robert ever think he could break up Cruz and Eden?' And A would be saying, 'Oh, but Robert and Eden have this passion.' Here I was, stuck in the middle of these two, laughing, 'I don't believe this!'"

"Working with Roscoe has been rewarding for me because God forbid A should ever leave the show...in some way, hopefully, I could recreate the feeling that I've already produced with A with someone else...Then I could feasibly have my character love someone else, which is a very hard thing for me, as well as the audience to come up against, that Eden would be with anybody else but Cruz. As the weeks have progressed, however, I've realized that this relationship between Eden and Robert is really working well and it's been nice to see that we can create some chemistry....the new storyline is really interesting to me....It's hard as an actress because I want what the audience wants, but sometimes that's not always the most dramatic conflict."

The audience response to Eden and Robert was startling. Viewers actually wanted to see them together. Surprisingly, so did A, for a brief period. "A percentage of the audience has been moved by their work together. They have made it acceptable to do from a business point. I found myself looking at their early scenes...recreating their relationship...especially the episodes that were well written. I thought they were magic. I thought Marcy really convinced me that she was younger. She had a freedom and a joie de vivre that was distinct from what Eden is like in the present. Roscoe is just an actor with a true heart. He does not do anything that is false as far as I can tell. We have a recipe for something that is compelling, and of course, that serves the show. I made my peace with the idea. I think that it has provided me with a chance to trot my stuff a little more in the last few weeks. There is nothing like facing the central issues in your life to put you in a deep performance mode both as an actor and in real life. I find myself at times rooting for Eden and Robert. It amazes me because I have always been a big fan of Cruz's. I have to pinch myself. There have been times during the unfolding of the story that I felt Cruz behaved stupidly and their (Eden and Robert's) feelings for one another seemed so delicious that it seemed like 'Why bother with this jerk cop? Let go and go to the new guy who is also the old guy!' That is amazing. I do not like that. I want to be able to root for Cruz, but it is just the way it works sometimes," A noted.

As soon as Robert and Eden got together the viewers let their opinions be heard. "Most of the people who write me are very much against it," said A. As for Marcy's letters, "She is too much of a gentle woman to tell me what the percentages are," laughed A.

Eventually, Cruz and Eden reconciled. "Fan reaction made the choice for the network and us. There were so many Cruz and Eden fans that it was easy to put them back together," notes Pratt. By this time, Robert Barr had become a popular character on the show, so he was romantically paired off with Eden's sister, Kelly, a situation that ignited animousity and sibling rivalry between the Capwell women. "When we introduced Kelly into the quadrangle, that’s when the audience started to like him more,” says Pratt. “That’s the way we would have kept going if he had stayed. Robert and Kelly probably would have had their own story.” But they didn’t. To the dismay of many viewers who were smitten with the character, Robert Barr was off to Las Sirenas and off SANTA BARBARA.

Самая наивная сиренка в больших сиреневых очках и большом сиреневом пузыре

Форум » Информационный раздел » Информация, интервью » Robert-Eden Storyline: A & Marcy
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Конструктор сайтов - uCoz